We would like to take this opportunity to showcase the fantastic work our MIT + RISD student team been doing to ramp up Project Pelican, especially after seeing their great design review this past week. Some of the highlights include:
- Conducting user interviews with a variety of stakeholders including local nurses and moms.
- Creating a “works-like” prototype design with all of the electronics necessary to work as a real pulse oximeter.
- Creating a “looks-like” prototype design that takes into account both the mechanics and usability.
- Building new relationships with local health care providers who have experience in global health and will assist DtM throughout Project Pelican.
- Designing the groovy Pelican logo we have adopted!
We are just weeks away from the student team’s final presentation and we can't wait to see what they produce!
- Will Harris, IDSA